Senior Membership provides established individuals with the opportunity to request a designation that recognizes their experience and professional accomplishments or service within the optics and photonics field. Senior Membership is the highest distinction for which members can apply and reflects professional maturity and experience. It is a separate category from Emeritus Status. Members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior Membership.
Senior Members receive the full complement of member benefits and services plus:
- Special Recognitions – Senior Members are identified in the Member/Individual Directory, on Optica.org, in the Careers section of Optics & Photonics News and during Optica-hosted events.
- Exclusive Member Programs – Exclusive programs and networking events for Senior Members at Optica events throughout the year.
- Announcements – Newly-approved Senior Members are announced in: Optics & Photonics News, the Member Newsletter and and annual press release.
- Senior Member Certificate and Lapel Pin – Recognition materials are distributed upon Senior Member status approval.
- Letter of Recognition – Approved Senior Members may request that a confirmation letter be sent to their employer.
- Senior Member Logo - This logo can be included on your website, business cards and other professional correspondence to indicate your status as a Senior Member.
Interviews with Optica Senior Members