Nanny, Manny, Granny Grant
Grants of up to four hundred dollars (US $400) per family, per calendar year, are available to assist OSA members who need to bring family members to selected OSA-sponsored meetings or conferences*, who incur extra expenses if leaving them at home (e.g., extra day care or babysitting services, etc), or need assistance at a meeting due to a disability.
Grants may only be used for a single OSA-sponsored meeting or conference.
Grant recipients are solely responsible for their choice of care provider. OSA does not endorse any care providers.
Applying for a Grant
- Complete an application for Child Care Grant
- Applicants are requested to submit applications at least thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the first conference for which funds are to be used. Applications received closer to the conference date may not receive consideration. Grant recipients will be notified prior to the conference.
Eligible costs include care providers (onsite at the conference location or extra expenses for additional family care at home) and airfare/hotel for a caregiver to accompany the family member to the conference location.
Not eligible for reimbursement:
Meals, toys, onsite transportation and tickets to museums or other attractions are not eligible for reimbursement. Normal family care expenses (nanny, babysitter, after school care, nurse, etc) not related to attendance at the meeting or conference are not eligible for reimbursement.
Receiving a Reimbursement
- Submit a reimbursement request form
- Attach original receipts
- Deadline: Reimbursement forms should be submitted as soon as possible after the close of each conference for which funds are requested. Due to fiscal reporting requirements, OSA is unable to honor reimbursement requests received after 30 November.
Funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Grants may be used for the following meetings:
- High-Brightness Sources and Light-Driven Interactions Congress (26-28 March)
- Biophotonics Congress: Biomedical Optics (3-6 April)
- Imaging and Applied Optics Congress (25-28 June)
- Advanced Photonics Congress (2-5 July)
- Frontiers in Optics (16-20 September)
- Laser Congress and the Light, Energy and the Environment Congress (4-8 November)
- Latin American Optics and Photonics Conference (12-15 November)
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org