OIDA Sponsored Webinar: Frequency Comb Based Laser Systems for Optical Clock and Quantum Technology Applications
2 February 2021, 11:00 - 12:00
Menlo Systems’ ultra-low noise (ULN) frequency comb technology, combined with advanced CW laser sources, ensures transferring the spectral purity of a superior optical reference to all CW lasers locked to the comb. This feature is exploited in clock comparisons or quantum experiments, where a long coherence time of the laser sources is mandatory.
As pioneer and the market leader of optical frequency comb technology, in the second part of this webinar miniseries Menlo Systems presents the FC1500-Quantum, a complete laser system for applications in optical (lattice) clocks and quantum technology. Applications examples from these research areas elucidate the demand in highest stability and accuracy of the involved laser sources. A live demo of the FC1500-ULN scientific platform optical frequency comb highlights the superior performance of the system and the benefit of saving time for the actual experiment. We invite researchers from related topics, students, experiment designers, and who is interested in combs in quantum technology to attend the webinar.
This webinar is a two part series - click to view more information about the first webinar.
Dr. Dag Schmidt, Product Manager - Optical Frequency Combs, Menlo Systems
- Physics studies in Karlsruhe and Tübingen (Germany)
- PhD in Physics at the University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Joined Menlo Systems in January 2017
Jan. 2017 – June 2018: Field service engineer
since June 2018: Product manager for optical frequency combs
Dr. Benjamin Sprenger, Regional Manager and Quantum Technology & Metrology Expert, Menlo Systems
- Physics studies at Imperial College London (United Kingdom) and University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- PhD in Physics, Max-Planck-Institute for the Science of Light, Erlangen (Germany)
- PostDoc in Quantum Optics, Humboldt University, Berlin (Germany)
- Joined Menlo Systems in June 2015
Jun 2015 - Dec 2019: Sales Engineer for Frequency Combs and Optical Reference Systems
Since Jan 2020: Regional Manager in Berlin and Quantum Technology & Metrology Expert
Michele Giunta, Product Manager - Photonic Microwave Generators & Quantum Technology Comb Systems, Menlo Systems
- Master of Science in Physics Engineering at Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Joined Menlo Systems in 2013
2013 – 2020: Project leader
since July 2020: Product Manager for Photonic Microwave Generators & Quantum Technology Comb Systems
- Currently guest researcher and PhD candidate at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Garching (Germany)
The views expressed in this webinar do not reflect those of OIDA and The Optical Society.