OIDA Sponsored Webinar: Why Would I Need an Optical Frequency Comb?
26 January 2021, 11:00 - 12:00
Within two decades, the optical frequency comb has revolutionized numerous fields in physics: Precision spectroscopy, time and length-metrology, molecular fingerprinting, and ultra-low phase noise microwaves mark just a few application examples. Being the only device with the ability to directly link the optical with the radio frequency domain, the frequency comb has become an irreplaceable tool, and not only for quantum optics laboratories.
As pioneer and the market leader of optical frequency comb technology, in the first part of this webinar miniseries Menlo Systems elaborates on the basic physics of frequency combs, their key benefits, and on different applications which are exploiting the unique features of an optical frequency comb. A live product demo illustrates the ease of use and versatility of Menlo Systems' compact and turnkey SmartComb. Students, non-expert users, and everybody who is interested in the comb technology and its applications will benefit from this webinar.
Please find additional material and supplemental information for this presentation here.
This webinar is a two part series - click to view more information about the second webinar.
Dr. Dag Schmidt, Product Manager - Optical Frequency Combs, Menlo Systems
- Physics studies in Karlsruhe and Tübingen (Germany)
- PhD in Physics at the University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Joined Menlo Systems in January 2017
Jan. 2017 – June 2018: Field service engineer
since June 2018: Product manager for optical frequency combs
Dr. Benjamin Sprenger, Regional Manager and Quantum Technology & Metrology Expert, Menlo Systems
- Physics studies at Imperial College London (United Kingdom) and University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- PhD in Physics, Max-Planck-Institute for the Science of Light, Erlangen (Germany)
- PostDoc in Quantum Optics, Humboldt University, Berlin (Germany)
- Joined Menlo Systems in June 2015
Jun 2015 - Dec 2019: Sales Engineer for Frequency Combs and Optical Reference Systems
Since Jan 2020: Regional Manager in Berlin and Quantum Technology & Metrology Expert
Dr. Sandra de Vega, Sales Engineer Optical Frequency Combs & Ultrastable Lasers, Menlo Systems
- BSc in Physics and MSc in Photonics at Complutense University of Madrid and Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona (Spain)
- PhD in Photonics at the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona (Spain)
- Joined Menlo Systems in March 2020 as Sales Engineer
The views expressed in this webinar do not reflect those of OIDA and The Optical Society.