OSA Vision and Color Technical Division Data Blitz Series!
22 July 2020, 12:00 - 13:30
- Eastern Daylight Time (UTC - 04:00)
You’re invited to join the technical groups of the OSA Vision and Color Technical Division for their Data Blitz Series every week in July. Each week’s session will feature a series of short talks followed by lots of time for questions and discussion.
The theme for this week’s session is ‘Recent Advances in Understanding Mechanism, Progression, and Treatment in Myopia’ and will feature the following talks:
- Does physical optics drive myopia? presented by Brian Vohnsen, University College Dublin
- The short-term effect of diffuse and defocus blur on axial length and vision presented by Swee Chai Teoh, Queensland University of Technology
- Axial length growth curves and the risk of developing myopia presented by Willem Tideman, Erasmus MC
- MiSight® contact lens in slowing myopia progression presented by Baskar Arumugam, Cooper Vision
- The diagnostic yield of whole exome sequencing in high myopia presented by Annet Haarman, Erasmus MC
- Two-dimensional peripheral refraction and retinal image quality in orthokeratology lens wearers presented by Zhenghua Lin, Central South University
- Montreal Myopia Management with Orthokeratology Design (3MOD): Predictive Factors of Axial Length Growth presented by Patrick Simard, Clinique d 'Optometrie Belanger
- Description of the foveal pit and the internal layers of the macula as a function of the level of axial refractive error presented by Emiliano Teran, Universidad Autonoma de Sinaloa
Our moderator for this session will be Enrique-Josua Fernandez, Chair of the OSA Applications of Vision Science Technical Group.