After assessing health and travel advisories related to COVID-19, OSA and the conference committee have decided to present this year’s meeting in an all-virtual, web conference format. The meeting will be co-located with the OSA Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science APS/DLS Conference in September.
Technical sessions will be presented live, 14 – 17 September, from the Eastern Daylight Time Zone (PDT, GMT-04:00) with a recorded archive available later for on-demand viewing.
Contributing authors presenting an oral talk or poster will pay a US$ 100 publishing fee. There is no cost to participate as an attendee.
IMPORTANT! All authors who present will have their abstract published in OSA Publishing’s Digital Library. Author notifications will be sent next month. Speakers will be contacted in August with information on presentation options and a request to inform management on their presentation delivery and online participation preference.
What Will be Presented Online?
All participants will receive access to the live technical sessions, recorded/archived content AND the Technical Digest. Technical content includes:
1. Keynote and panel sessions
2. Invited speakers, contributed oral talks and poster presentations
In addition, you will have full access to all programs from OSA Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science APS/DLS, including plenary sessions, Visionary Speakers, special events and additional quantum sessions.
The Virtual Presentation
1. The virtual program will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
2. Presentations will be a hybrid of prerecorded content and live presentations — dependent upon speaker preference.
3. All speakers will be given the opportunity to participate in Q&A during their session.
4. All technical sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants for on-demand, archived viewing.
OSA and the conference committee share your belief that there is no replacement for the networking, immersion and exhibition that comes from an in-person meeting. However, we believe that this virtual solution will truly support your research — and help it find the audience it so richly deserves.
We look forward to coming together online in September. In the meantime, we are thinking of you and your colleagues.