Smart Cities Application for Imaging and Applied Optics Topical Meetings
Smart cities bring together infrastructure and technology. By incorporating technology into the urban environment, the performance and interactions of services such as energy, transportation, communications, and utilities are better integrated and more effectively used. As a result, the quality of life of citizens is improved. Optics and Photonics has a critical role to play in smart cities!
In this Innovation Challenge, you have the opportunity to envision new areas where optics can be an enabling technology in a smart city. Currently, Optics and Photonics provides technologies for smart cities to enable internet-of-things (IoT), efficient maintenance of infrastructure, autonomous systems, safety, health monitoring, connectivity, etc. Sensors, LIDAR, and communications are critical to supporting these. Where else can optics be utilized in an integrated smart city? Are there disruptive innovations in imaging that can change the way optics is currently being used for smart cities? Help define the future of optics in smart cities!
Solutions will be judged on the following:
- Compliance: is the idea submission complete and does it comply with the rules of the challenge?
- Novelty: does the idea describe a novel approach to providing a solution?
- Originality: how original is the proposed technology or use of existing technology?
- Relevance: How well does the idea relate to the topic and provide a solution aligned with the goals of this challenge?
- Feasibility: how likely can the idea be prototyped?