The 2021 OSA Imaging and Applied Optics Congress will proceed as scheduled in an all-virtual, web-conference format. The congress is co-located with the OSA Optical Sensors and Sensing Congress.
The virtual format impacts how presentations are delivered, not what is presented. The breadth and depth of technical content from both congresses remain intact — supplemented by special networking events and a virtual exhibit.
Information on the Virtual Presentation
- The virtual meeting will be presented on the Zoom web-conferencing platform. The meeting schedule will be based on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT, UTC-07:00).
- Technical sessions will be scheduled at times convenient across multiple time zones to facilitate greater participation from an international audience. Technical sessions will be recorded and published typically within 24 hours of presentation.
- Speakers will be given three presentation options: Live only with Q&A; pre-recorded with live Q&A; or pre-recorded only.
- Participants will have the option to view technical sessions live as they are presented or view archived recordings on-demand.
- Registration will open on Monday, 26 April. One registration provides access to both congresses (a total of 10 topical meetings) and the Technical Digest.
All registrants receive access to the following virtual-format benefits:
- Live, online participation in all virtual technical sessions (including joint plenary sessions and joint poster sessions) and special events
- On-demand viewing of recorded technical sessions (published within 24 hours of presentation and for 60 days after the congress concludes)
- On-demand viewing of recorded poster presentations in the ePoster Gallery
- Product information from and interaction with exhibitors in the Virtual Exhibit
- Real-time networking with speakers, exhibitors and attendees using chat features embedded throughout the congress website
- Ability to download papers individually or in a .zip file by topical meeting. (.zip files are available for 60 days after the congress concludes.)
About the Congress
The OSA Imaging and Applied Optics Congress brings together academics, industrial and defense research perspectives to provide a comprehensive view of the latest developments in imaging and applied optical sciences.
OSA Imaging and Applied Optics Congress provides a comprehensive view of the latest developments in imaging and applied optical sciences, covering the forefront advances in imaging and applied optics as well as the application of these technologies to important industrial, military and medical challenges. The scope of the research presented in ranges from fundamental research to applied.
Topical Meetings include:
- 3D Image Acquisition and Display: Technology, Perception and Applications
- Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging
- Imaging Systems and Applications
- Propagation Through and Characterization of Atmospheric Optical Phenomena
- Digital Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging