Letter of Invitation
Individuals requiring a letter of invitation to obtain visitor visas for the Congress are required to provide all information on the online form. Invitation letters may take OSA Management up to 14 days to process.
Important information regarding Visa Invitation Letters (please read):
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- If you are presenting a paper, include the title and session in which the paper will be presented. If you are exhibiting, please indicate so in your request.
- Each individual requesting an invitation letter must fill out a separate form.
- All letters will be sent in PDF form to the email address provided. If you require a paper copy, please provide a courier account number or credit card number with expiration date with the original request.
- OSA Management reserves the right to request further information regarding the company or affiliation of the attendee to ensure the validity of requests. Meeting attendees do not need to wait until your paper is accepted to request a Visa Invitation Letter.
- OSA is unable to contact Embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry to attend a meeting.
- We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the pre-registration cutoff may result in a cancellation fee.
For questions about the Visa Invitation Letter application process, email email@example.com
If you need a travel visa, begin the visa application process now! The application process can take up to 6 months or more. We strongly encourage you to apply for your visa as early as possible, but no later than three months before you wish to enter the United States. Strict security requirements may cause delays in visa processing. More information about applying for a United States visa is available at U.S. VISAs.
U.S. Customs and Border Information
VWP and ESTA Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. State Department Visa Information
Department of Homeland Security
National Academies International Visitors Office
ESTA is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Authorization via ESTA does not determine whether a traveler is admissible to the United States. U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers determine admissibility upon travelers’ arrival. The ESTA application collects biographic information and answers to VWP eligibility questions. ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel, though it is recommended that travelers apply as soon as they begin preparing travel plans or prior to purchasing airline tickets.