The OSA Biophotonics Congress is an annual meeting. In alternating years, the congress scope focuses on biomedical optics (even years) or optics in life sciences (odd years).
Announcing a Virtual Meeting Format
OSA announces that the OSA Biophotonics Congress: Optics in the Life Sciences will proceed as scheduled in an all-virtual, web conference format.
Information on the Virtual Presentation
- The congress dates have been extended by one day and will be presented from Monday to Friday, 12 – 16 April 2021.
- The technical program will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
- Speakers will be given the option of presenting live or submitting a prerecorded video.
- The platform allows for interactive, two-way communications between speakers and audience and can accommodate Q&A.
All registrants receive access to the following virtual-format benefits:
- Live, online participation in all virtual technical sessions (including joint plenary sessions and joint poster sessions) and special events
- On-demand viewing of recorded technical sessions (published within 24 hours of presentation and for 60 days after the congress concludes)
- On-demand viewing of recorded poster presentations in the ePoster Gallery
- Product information from and interaction with exhibitors in the Virtual Exhibit
- Real-time networking with speakers, exhibitors and attendees using chat features embedded throughout the congress website
- Ability to download papers individually or in a .zip file by topical meeting. (.zip files are available for 60 days after the congress concludes.)
OSA and the congress committee believe that, in our current, uncertain environment, the virtual meeting format is the best solution to support your research and help it find the audience it so richly deserves.