After assessing health and travel advisories related to COVID-19, OSA and the congress committee have decided to present this year’s meeting as scheduled, but in an all-virtual, web conference format.
Technical sessions will be presented live from the Eastern Daylight Time Zone (PDT, GMT-04:00) with a recorded archive available later for on-demand viewing.
Contributing authors presenting an oral talk or poster will pay a US$ 100 publishing fee. There is no cost to participate as an attendee.
IMPORTANT! All authors who present will have their abstract published in OSA Publishing’s Digital Library. Author notifications will be sent next month, at which point speakers will receive information on the presentation options and how to select a preference.
What Will be Presented Online?
All participants will receive access to the live technical sessions, recorded/archived content AND the Technical Digest. Technical content includes:
1. Plenary and invited speakers
2. Contributed oral talks and poster presentations
3. The Innovation Challenge, a competition for students and early-career professionals that recognizes innovative optics and photonics solutions for real-world problems.
The Virtual Presentation
1. The virtual program will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
2. Presentations will be a hybrid of prerecorded content and live presentations — dependent upon speaker preference.
3. All speakers will be given the opportunity to participate in Q&A during their session.
4. All technical sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants for on-demand, archived viewing.
One additional benefit of a virtual format is that we can offer a brief extension to the paper submissions deadline. If you wish to submit another paper, or want to encourage a colleague to do the same, the submission deadline will be extended through the third week in July (date forthcoming).
OSA and the congress committee share your belief that there is no replacement for the networking, immersion and exhibition that comes from an in-person meeting. However, we believe that this virtual solution will truly support your research — and help it find the audience it so richly deserves.
We look forward to coming together online in October. In the meantime, we are thinking of you and your colleagues.