A Message to Congress Presenters, Registrants and Exhibitors:
The health and safety of OSA Meetings attendees is always of primary importance, and especially so in our current environment. As you are aware, due to restrictions and concerns resulting from COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the OSA High-brightness and Light-driven Interactions Congress was not held as originally scheduled.
Instead, The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce that the OSA Congress will be presented 16 to 20 November 2020, in an all-virtual, web conference format.
Technical sessions will be presented live from the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) zone. Sessions will be recorded and archived for on-demand viewing. In addition, the committee is developing a schedule that better accommodates the needs of a global audience. As such, sessions will be scheduled across five days with start times that are convenient to many geographic regions.
The Virtual Presentation
1. The virtual meeting will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
2. Technical sessions will be a hybrid of live presentations and prerecorded content — dependent upon speaker preference.
3. Speakers that present live will be given the opportunity to participate in Q&A during their session. Our platform facilitates interactive communications between speakers and audience.
1. There will be no cost for attendees to participate.
2. Speakers will pay a US$ 100 publishing fee.
3. Registration for the congress will open in mid-October.
Call for Papers: Abstract and Summary Submission Deadline: 22 September
One additional benefit of a virtual format is that we can again offer the opportunity to submit a paper for consideration to present. If you wish to submit a paper, or want to encourage a colleague to do the same, the submission deadline has been extended to Tuesday, 22 September
Important Information for Registrants and Accepted Authors
If you have already registered for this meeting, your payment will be automatically refunded in full with no penalties assessed. No action is required to initiate the refund. However, you will need to register again for access to the virtual meeting. (Congress registration will reopen in mid-October.)
Speakers that have already registered will receive a full refund. You will need to pay the US$ 100 publishing fee when you register for the virtual meeting.
All authors who present will have their paper published in OSA Publishing’s Digital Library. Speakers will receive a separate, follow-up email in October with information on presentation options. In addition, you will have the opportunity to update previously submitted papers with new, current research findings from 23 September to 2 October.