The OSA Advanced Photonics Congress is a broad-spectrum, in-depth event comprised of five topical meetings that primarily cover the latest advancements in optical materials, optical signal processing, optical communications, and integrated optics. One important cross-cutting topic in many of the topical meetings concerns the quantum science and engineering building blocks that will provide for future quantum information processing and quantum-enabled fiber optic networks. Another hot topic is artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) and how they are used in optical design and optical networks, including how photonics can help implement and boost performance of machine-learning techniques. Other major topics include 5G, switching, free-space communications and terahertz technologies.
- Learn about the latest developments in integrated photonics and its applications in classical and quantum signal processing.
- Explore AI- and ML-optimized device design and the photonic implementation of AI and ML algorithms.
- Hear about optical frequency combs and their applications in fundamental science, metrology, and sensing.
- Catch up on what’s happening in solar energy and solid-state lighting
- Participate in the discussion on metamaterials and nanophotonics that enable novel functions in thin, agile, and nonlinear optical components.
- Follow the role of photonics in the emergence of large-scale satellite constellations.