OSA is pleased to announce that the OSA Advanced Photonics Congress will proceed as scheduled in an all-virtual, web conference format.
Technical sessions will be presented live from the Eastern Daylight Time Zone (EDT) with a recorded archive available later for on-demand viewing. The exhibition has been cancelled.
There will be no cost for attendees to participate. Speakers presenting a contributed oral talk or poster will pay a US$ 100 presentation fee, and will have their abstract published in OSA Publishing’s Digital Library.
This decision balances the health and safety considerations so essential in our current, uncertain environment and the strong desire to present the high-quality, peer-reviewed technical program thoughtfully developed by the congress committee.
OSA Bragg Gratings, Photosensitivity and Poling in Waveguides and Materials Topical Meeting (BGPP)
BGPP will not convene this year; it will be presented next at the 2021 OSA Advanced Photonics Congress. If you have previously submitted a paper to this topical meeting, you can request consideration to present at a different meeting.
What Will be Presented Online?
All technical sessions will be presented based on the agenda of sessions schedule, including:
1. Plenary speakers
2. Invited speakers
3. Contributed oral presentations
4. Poster presentations
The Virtual Presentation
1. The virtual program will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
2. Presentations will be a hybrid of prerecorded content and live presentations — dependent upon speaker preference.
3. Posters presentations will be offered as PDF files with an accompanying Q&A session (tentative).
4. The flexible platform allows for interactive, two-way communications between speakers and audience and can accommodate Q&A content.
IMPORTANT! When author notifications are sent next month, you will be provided with information on the presentation options and how to indicate your preference.
Schedule and Registration
1. The congress will be presented as scheduled, from Monday to Thursday, 13 – 16 July 2020.
2. All registrants will receive access to the Technical Digest, the live technical sessions and recorded/archived content.
3. Although the meeting is offered at no cost, you must register in advance to receive the web link to access the technical programs. Registration will open in May.
While we recognize that there is no replacement for the networking and immersion of an in-person meeting, OSA looks forward to presenting a virtual solution that benefits speakers and attendees while considering the health and safety of all participants.
We appreciate your patience in waiting for this announcement. We remain committed to providing frequent and current updates regarding the meeting status — both through direct communication and the conference website.
We look forward to coming together online in July. In the meantime, we are thinking of you and your colleagues.
OSA Meetings Management