Request an Endorsement
Optica is interested in promoting and highlighting meetings that enhance the optics and photonics community and foster a global exchange of optics and photonics research. Optica will frequently endorse the objectives of meetings or conferences organized and sponsored by other organizations. Requests are accepted on an ongoing basis.
We are particularly interested in meetings that:
- Build capacity around the world
- Identify emerging or underrepresented topics of broad scientific significance
- Encourage student and postdoctoral participation
- Foster interdisciplinary and international exchange and collaboration
Please submit the endorsement request form for consideration. The following requirements must be met:
- Received prior to the paper submission deadline
- Includes a complete committee list
- Includes an invited speaker list. (Please note confirmed or tentative status for each speaker.)
You will receive a response to your request within two months of receiving the request form.
As a condition of approval, organizers agree to the following:
- Provide preference on registration and publication prices for Optica Members.
- Acknowledge Optica on promotional pieces for the meeting.
- Provide Optica with opportunities to display literature at the meeting.
- Assign an Optica-selected individual to serve on the program committee.
- Provide a final report to include an attendee list with complete contact details.
In turn, Optica will:
- Avoid any involvement in related meetings in the same geographic region during a set time frame that would conflict with this meeting.
- List the meeting as an "Optica Endorsed" meeting on our Global Calendar.
- Include the meeting in a member e-newsletter on the month requested.
- Permission to use the Optica logo (provided) for promotional materials.