Data centers increasingly rely on embedded photonics for enhanced connectivity between servers, memory, and computational systems. Furthermore, the integration of photonic functionality on to a single chip and co-packaged with electronics provides a route to further increase bandwidth and operational efficiencies, addressing many of the emerging challenges on data centre roadmaps. In addition new applications for photonics are emerging in AI and machine learning, which will likely require advanced packaging approaches supporting high bandwidth connectivity. However, even though embedded photonic technologies have been shown to achieve much lower link and switch budgets when compared to conventional electronic technologies, their wide-spread deployment is still impeded by significant technical, manufacturing and cost barriers.
Key Questions for Discussion
- What are the new challenges that embedded photonics must overcome to be a viable mass market technology?
- What are the key technology and cost requirements for photonics?
- What is the likely trajectory of the industry toward successful embedded photonics?
- What are some of the solutions aimed at meeting the requirements?
- Are there any “showstoppers” in either photonics or electronics that threaten success?
The workshop will include invited talks from leading decision makers with responsibility for the development of next generation data centers, presenting their key technology and cost requirements. The workshop will also have invited speakers from leading photonic companies and service providers who are developing innovative products and advanced manufacturing services to meet these emerging requirements. The workshop will provide an opportunity for attendees to network and contribute to the discussion through interactive breakout and panel sessions.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Development Directors
- Component Manufacturers
- Optical Systems Developers and Managers
- Assembly and Test Equipment Vendors
- Semiconductor Manufacturers
- Venture Investors
- Market Analysts
Join Colleagues from these Innovative Companies:
- Elenion Technologies
- Precision Optical Transceivers
- Tokyo Electron America
- Vanguard Automation Gm