What Do You Need to Know to Get a Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) in a Few Weeks Time
In this session we will discuss the process of creating a Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) and what parameters there are that are given and that you can choose.
- What is a Process design Kit (PDK)?
- What building blocks exist in LIGENTEC SiN low loss platform?
- What is a design manual?
- Which cross-sections are available?
- How do I do a PIC design?
- How long does the fabrication process take?
- What do I need to test a PIC?
Michael Geiselmann, Managing Director, Ligentec
Michael Geiselmann (Managing Director) studied physics and engineering at University Stuttgart and Ecole Centrale Paris. After his PhD at ICFO in Barcelona in 2014 he joined the laboratory of Prof. Kippenberg at EPFL in Lausanne, where he advanced frequency comb generation on integrated silicon nitride chips towards applications and was involved in several international research projects. In 2016, he co-founded LIGENTEC and brought the company to the international stage of photonic integration.