Tuesday, 27 April 2021
10:50 - 11:05 EDT (UTC - 04:00)
Tuesday, 27 April 2021
10:30 - 11:30 EDT (UTC - 04:00)
Compact Ultrafast Fiber Lasers Enable Novel Tech Applications
- Continuous improvement of fiber lasers expand use case for novel applications
- Calmar helped pioneer the novel technology of ultrafast fiber lasers from its emergence in the 1990s
- Calmar continually enhanced our ultrafast fiber lasers through a time-proven, iterative process over three decades
- Calmar's competitive success driven by our continuously refined proprietary saturable absorber technology
- Calmar's original Mendocino product line spans a diverse range of specifications for diverse use cases
- Enabled by iterative engineering experience acquired through three decades of development
- Mendocino products serve as excellent seed lasers for amplified pulse lasers, such as Calmar's Carmel product line
- Calmar's industry leading Carmel product line offers high power, ultra-low pulsewidth, compact and competitively priced laser
- New Optapower Carmel model offers exceptional power and pulsewidth stability for measuring miniscule signals
- New X-1750 Carmel laser provides excellent option for near-infrared, deep-tissue imaging.
- Calmar's product line delivers excellent black-box system for integration into OEM products
- Teraview's TeraPulse Lx system integrates Mendocino laser for terahertz generation material characterization
- Jenlab's biomedical imaging platform integrates Carmel laser for in-vivo imaging through multi-photon tomography
- Novel applications for ultrafast fiber lasers unlocked by rapidly improving technology, which present a highly competitive option for future projects
Anthony Lin, CTO, Calmar Laser
Over the past three decades, Tony has pioneered the emerging technology of ultra-fast femtosecond pulsed fiber lasers. He has continually developed and applied cutting edge ultra-fast fiber laser technology to create Calmar's versatile and highly competitive product lineup. For the upcoming OIDA session, Tony will share Calmar's latest product line developments and applications in cutting edge OEM systems.
Calmar Laser is an ISO 9001:2008 manufacturer of innovative ultrafast fiber laser and fiber amplifier solutions for the needs of industry, research institutions and universities.
Since 1996 Calmar Laser (then Calmar Optcom) has been established as a leading supplier and reliable OEM partner for advanced high-speed test and measurement applications, optical communications, component characterization, material diagnosis, transmission, biomedicine and micromachining. Calmar is noted for creating fiber lasers designed for simple hands-off reliable use, especially valuable in OEM applications.