While the ultimate activity is “matchmaking” the emphasis will be on the end-product vendors’ needs. The workshop will focus on segments within the field that have particular promise today, and manufacturing issues related to these products. Some key questions for discussion will be:
- Where are the opportunities for photonics in the IoT world as AI and 5G communications spreads?
- What are the “rules of the road” of the eco-systems that component and systems firms need to understand to achieve volumes in auto, smart cities and distributed sensing?
- What are the bottlenecks or “showstoppers” among optics and photonics technologies today, and potential solutions?
Who should attend:
- Business development and strategic marketing staff from industry, including large companies and start-ups
- Private and corporate investors
- Program managers and research directors from government funding and research agencies
- Directors from university centers and academic researchers
The OIDA Forum on Optics in Autonomy is collocated with the Sensors Expo & Conference, the largest gathering of engineers and engineering professionals involved in sensors and sensing-related technologies. OIDA Forum attendees will have access to 300+ exhibitors on the Expo Floor as well as networking opportunities offered through Sensors Expo. Note: the technical program for the Sensors Conference is available by an additional, separate registration fee.
Your registration fee includes admission to the Sensors Expo Exhibit Hall and receptions for all conference days, but does not include access to the Sensors Expo Technical Sessions.