OIDA Executive Forum on the Exploding Role of Optics in Sensing
14 May 2018
Hilton San Jose, Almaden Ballroom
San Jose, CA, USA
The 1st ever OIDA Executive Forum on “The Exploding Role of Optics in Sensing” is being held in conjunction with CLEO on 14 May 2018 at the Hilton San Jose, Almaden Ballroom in San Jose, California, USA.
Optical sensors are critical to market segments such as mobility and automation, Big Data and AI. This OIDA Executive Forum will match applications leaders needing new solutions with early‐stage technologies in a range of sectors, spanning consumer to industrial markets. While the ultimate activity is “matchmaking” the emphasis will be on the end‐product vendors’ needs and investor perspectives.
Attend and learn about manufacturing issues related to these product areas and find solutions to tomorrow's sensing challenges. Some key questions for discussion will be:
- What is needed from the photonics industry?
- Which are the problems that optics and photonics can have the greatest impact on?
- What are the enabling technologies that have the most promise?
- What are the bottlenecks or “showstoppers” among photonics technologies today, and potential solutions
Who should attend:
- Business development and strategic marketing staff from industry, including large companies and start-ups;
- Private and corporate investors;
- Program managers and research directors from government funding and research agencies;
- Directors from university centers
Tom Hausken, OIDA
Gisele Bennett, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
John Dexheimer, Lightwave Advisors, USA
Yves Dzialowski, Argo AI, USA
Alex Fong, TruTag Technologies, USA
Fred Leonberger, EOvation Advisors, USA
Peter O'Brien, Tyndall, Ireland
Gurinder Parhar, ATVI, USA
Held in conjunction with: