ColOpt Winter School
04 Mar 2019 - 08 Mar 2019
Haus der bayerischen Landwirtschaft Herrsching
- Haus der bayerischen Landwirtschaft Herrsching
This event is a residential workshop for young researchers (Pre doctoral, or early post doc) working in the areas of cold atoms, and quantum optics.
This school aims to expose young researchers to the experimental and theoretical world of modern light-matter interaction, with an emphasis on collective effects, structured light, and quantum matter. Leading experts from around the world will provide lectures with a balanced mixture of introductory and current research topics. Additional talks will be given from speakers who have developed careers within industry. The best poster abstracts will be selected to give oral presentations.
Confirmed speakers and topics:
- Andrew Forbes, University of Witwatersrand and Johannesberg: Structured Light
- Tilmann Esslinger, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Zürich: Quantum Simulations
- Susanne Yelin, University of Connecticut: Collective Scattering
- Francesco Piazza, Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems Dresden: Correlated light-atom interactions
- Peter Barker, University College London: Levitated Optomechanics and cooling to the quantum limit
Sponsor:The Optical Society