1. Describe the profound impact your technology – as part of an end-user product – has had on Society. How has the population been impacted by your technology. This could be behavioral, economical, societal, etc.
Under the ground that we are standing on, there are so many fiber cables that are connecting the world. For many reasons, we have to trace those fiber cables to re-connect it, disconnect it and split it. To trace the right fiber cable, people used to curve it, freeze it or cut it to do so. These kinds of ways caused many cases of life damage, rack of working process and loss of unnecessary money.
When you go to any grocery stores, you can see many people knocks on watermelons to find the good one. Why don’t they just lift it up to see the bottom of it, shake it or weight it? It’s because they don’t want to spend too much energy, time and they prefer safer way to do so. In these days, people are looking for easier, safer, faster and more accurate way to work. Our Audio Fiber Tracer ‘CFT-810’ can trace fiber by just simply tapping fiber cables. It is very unique not because of it is so simple, it is unique because it can save time, money and human’s life.
2. Tell us about how your technology is unique? What makes it stand out? How do you differentiate it from other similar technologies?
The ‘CFT-810’ is designed for fiber optic technicians who need a portable, battery operated, easy to use in instrument for tracing and identifying optic patch cords and cables with affordable price.
With its unique patented technology, ‘CFT-810’ produces audio and visual signals that technicians easily catch when they tap the fiber cable. It has wide dynamic range with zero dead-zone. It also works on the new generation of bend-insensitive fiber, something difficult or impossible to do with conventional visual fiber identifiers or OTDRs. These features make the ‘CFT-810’ extremely useful when troubleshooting and maintaining medium to large premises LANs as well as Metropolitan Area Networks. It is an essential test instrument for network management and Outside Plant maintenance.
3. When first launched, did your technology make a transformational change for the end-user or was it an advancement of the prior art? Describe this.
Our ‘CFT-810’ made a transformational change for the end-user in a big way. There were many other ways to trace fiber cables but end-users had to go through many perlious. In addition to that, it took too much of effort to find fiber cable. End users became able to trace fiber cables easier, faster and safer with our ‘CFT-810’. It wasn’t just an improvement. We started a revolution in fiber cable tracing field.
4. Give a specific example (with company names) of the buying chain for your product/technology once you sell it to the next level buyer. Provide an example of the succession of companies your product goes through, ultimately to get to an end-user.
We sold our CFT-810 to Global TMP, Cablevision System, Simac Electronic and many others. Some of them are resellers but there are few companies that using our CFT-810 for helping human life to become much easier and faster. For example, Cablevision System is the company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite of advanced digital television, voice and high-speed Internet services and valuable local media and programming properties. They use our CFT-810 to find problem causing fibers easier and faster so they can provide fast maintenance service.
5. In which vertical market(s) would you classify the end-users of this technology?
6. If other, please write in the specific market.
7. Give us your one sentence “elevator pitch” you would use to tell a non-technical person about your technology and the critical role it plays in Society.
Our CFT-810 will help users to find targeting fiber much easier and faster by just tapping a cable.
8. Surprise Us! What else should we know about your product/technology?
This is one and only product that has this kind of unique technology in the world and no other company has product that operate system like our CFT-810. All of our CFT-810 users will have advantage of working easier and faster than others at working field. There are few clone products from China but the quality of product is way lower than our CFT-810.