Photo Credit: IONS Balvanjos 2017
Learn More About Becoming a Traveling Lecturer
The Traveling Lecturer Program provides funding for student chapters to host a guest speaker of their choosing annually. As a traveling lecturer, you are afforded the opportunity to travel around the world on behalf of The Society and provide technical and/or professional development lectures, which provides a lasting impact.
A full list of distinguished speakers currently enrolled in the program is available through our Traveling Lecturer Directory*
Traveling Lecturer Benefits and Commitments:
- The ability to work with the Travel Agency to customize your trip by booking transportion and lodging accommodations without any out-of-pocket expenses at the lowest logical fare.
- Lecturers who choose to book their own travel and hotel accommodations must follow the Travel Policy to receive a reimbursment towards their transportation and lodging with proper expense report and receipts submitted.
- The opportunity to be highlighted in the member newsletter and website.
- Members can provide up to two lectures each year upon request.
- Participants must be active members.
- Students are not eligible to participate in this program as a lecturer.
- Additional lectures may be approved upon request.
How the Program Works:
- A lecturer can join anytime throughout the year. He/she must have a complete profile in their Account before joining the program (profile picture, short biography, and discussion topics). You can learn how to join and update your credentials here.
- Chapters and Sections can select a Traveling Lecturer from the directory* and complete a request form on the Grants Database. Please note that not all members of this program will be requested each year.
- We invite the lecturer on the chapter/section behalf and confirms the lecture.
- The lecturer books travel once confirmation is received from the society.
- The chapter/section contact coordinates the details of the lecture topic(s) and visit logistics.
- Lecturer completes the post event follow up.
* The Traveling Lecturer Directory is part of the Universal Directory and you must select "Traveling Lecturer" in order to sort the list.
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +1 202.416.1991.
Become a Traveling Lecturer
The Society is seeking new members to join this prestigious program. Join today following these simple steps:
- Login to the My Account section of OSA.org and select “Participation”
- Scroll down and Select “Become a Traveling Lecturer”
- Update your discussion topics, speaker biography, and update a photo to assist chapters and sections as they select a lecturer
You can update your profile at any time. For any assistance please click here.
Help Us Continue this Program's Impact
Through a donation to the Foundation, you can help us fund even more Traveling Lectures.