Announcing New OSA Technical Group Leadership
OSA is pleased to announce the new chair-elects for ten OSA Technical Groups. OSA Technical Groups are vibrant and active communities that connect OSA members with colleagues and leaders within specialized topic areas from around the world.
The announced individuals will serve as chair-elect of their group through December 2020 and will then serve as chair for a three-year term starting in 2021.
Elected by their fellow members, these individuals will be responsible for selecting an executive committee to collaborate with to foster the sense of community among the members of their group. Working together, they will organize special events featuring tailored programming, host webinars on hot topics, and share information on the latest developments in their field on throughout their three-year terms.
The new OSA Technical Group leaders are:
- Dr. Judith S Birkenfeld, Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography
- Prof. Amol Choudhary, Nonlinear Optics
- Dr. Markus Krutzik, Optical Cooling and Trapping
- Dr. Ekaterina Poutrina, Optical Material Studies
- Prof. Jonathan A Fan, Photonic Metamaterials
- Dr. Saheer Cheemadan, Optical Metrology
- Dr. Daniele Melati, Optoelectronics
- Dr. Giuseppe D'Aguanno, Photonic Detection
- Dr. Karen Hampson, Applications of Visual Science
- Dr. Francisco Imai, Color