OSA technical communities bring together members from around the globe to help foster lasting, valuable connections.
OSA currently has six broad technical divisions, each comprised of several specialized technical groups designed to unite members with colleagues and leaders within their sub-field of optics and photonics. OSA Technical Groups aim to create vibrant, active communities for all of our members to participate in. Our technical groups provide valuable leadership and learning experiences, opportunities to expand your network and create lasting connections within in your field.
OSA Members are encouraged to join technical groups in their areas of interest, which offer:
- Exclusive networking events for a chance to connect with fellow members
- Special events with tailored programming at OSA meetings
- Technical webinars presented weekly by leaders in the field and over 100 webinars available to watch on-demand
- Online forums to engage in discussions with members across the globe
- Focused information on the latest news and developments in the field
- Opportunities to explore emerging topics in the group’s subfield of optics and photonics
With 44 different technical groups to select from, you can be sure to find a community offering the latest news, information and events of interest to you.
Joining Technical Groups
Current OSA Members can update their technical group selections at any time by updating their profile in My Account. If you need assistance with updating your technical groups, please contact OSA Customer Service.
Volunteer to Lead a Technical Group
Become a leader in your community by volunteering to lead an OSA Technical Group! OSA is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to lead select technical groups and help foster the growing sense of community among their members. Make a positive impact within your scientific community by applying to lead one of your technical groups by 3 March 2021. Apply for a technical group leadership position now!
Technical Divisions & Groups