Manage A Chapter
In order to remain eligible for benefits and ensure that your chapter is receiving all necessary communications, make sure you review the following:
Chapters & Sections Update
The Chapters & Sections Update is monthly communication sent to all officers and advisors of student chapters and local sections. It will serve as your primary source for receiving important benefit updates, deadline reminders, and more! We hope this will make it easier for you to stay in the know and better manage your chapter/section’s access to OSA resources. In addition to the email, you can access this newsletter online
All OSA Student Chapters must be in good standing to be eligible for benefits. To be in good standing, your chapter must:
Benefits affected by chapter standing:
How to become a chapter in good standing:
- Confirm which chapter members are OSA Student Members by viewing your Chapter Roster. Primary chapter officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary) can login to MyAccount, select 'Student Chapter' and view the OSA Membership status of all chapter members.
- Encourage your friends and colleagues who are not already OSA Student Members to join OSA.
- Hold recruitment events to encourage new members to join your chapter, and ensure they join OSA too!
Student Chapter Portal & Officer/Member Updates
Primary chapter officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary) can login to your OSA accounts at account.osa.org to view the list of officers as well as the roster of all chapter members.
Updating Chapter Officers/Members
Chapters now have the ability to update their own rosters. Only active leadership positions can make changes to the chapter roster.
To do this, follow these promots:
- Visit account.osa.org and login using your personal email
- Select "Student Chapter" in the top right
- Go to Leadership and Membership modules to add/remove as needed
Please utilize these instructions to assist (pdf ). Please do not make any modifications to your record until the very end or you will be booted from the system.
OSA Grants Database
The following benefits are available through the OSA Grants Database:
To access the database at osa.org/grantsdatabase
- Login using the group email address you provided to OSA as well as the password that was sent to you. If you do not have your login information, please contact email@example.com.
- Click 'Apply' on the left-hand side.
- Review the options and select the application your chapter/section will complete. Further instructions are included in the applications.
Group Email Address
All chapters are now required to have a group email address. This address should be a forwarder or stand-alone inbox accessible to chapter officers. This email address will serve as the consistent login for the OSA Grants Database.
OSA can also create a group email address for your chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up the address so that all officers receive any emails sent to it; please note that this address will not have an inbox of its own.
Each year, all chapters are required to provide an Annual Report to OSA which is available in the OSA Grants Database. More information is available at osa.org/chaptergrants.