Optics Legislative Network
The Optics Legislative Network (OLN) is a collection of OSA members interested in U.S. public policy and legislative issues. This network of scientists, engineers and business professionals provides a voice for the optics and photonics community on the importance of R&D funding, science education, innovation and other science policy issues. Sign up today!
(Note: Non-OSA members can sign up for the OLN by emailing email@example.com.)
As a member of OLN, you will:
- Receive e-mail alerts and updates on science-related policy issues.
- Learn about opportunities to participate in OSA grassroots advocacy activities.
- Get valuable tips, hints and resources on making your voice heard on Capitol Hill and beyond.
Examples of OLN Alert topics include:
- Contact Your Legislator about R&D Funding Levels
- SBIR Program Update
- Status of America COMPETES legislation
- Sign up for Capitol Hill Day
- OLN is a way to ensure your members of Congress hear directly from you - a constituent scientist - on how legislation will impact your state/district.
- OLN offers the opportunity to meet with your members of Congress through the annual Congressional Visits Day or local district visits.
- OLN provides an easy way to add your input and scientific knowledge to the policy-making process.
If you have any questions about OLN, please email OSA's government relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in making public policy a part of your career?
Apply for OSA's Congressional Fellowships for the opportunity to work on Capitol Hill for one year.