Start a Local Section
Step 1: Recruit eight Optica Members who represent the diverse optics and photonics community in your city/area/region.
- At least eight members of the section must be Optica Members of any member type. Potential members may join online or email email@example.com to request to join as a group with a single transaction.
- Optica can reach out to local members in your area on your behalf to set up an initial meeting and/or gauge interest in starting a section.
Step 2: Elect Officers.
- The section must have a President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary who are all Optica Members.
- Commitment from Officers is two years.
- Offier Terms start 1 January and end 31 December.
- Your section may also establish additional officer roles, such as Outreach Officer, and elect members to these positions.
- Download and complete the Optica Local Section Application. All fields must be typed.
- When completing the application, it is important that the section demonstrates planned activities and a consideration of professional diversity for its membership.
- Ensure that the boxes stating that you accept the 'Statement of Intent' and the 'By-Laws' are checked.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about this process or difficulty completing the application forms, please email email@example.com
Application Review Period
Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Membership Department and you will be contacted if there are any questions or concerns. Your application will then be sent to the Member & Education Development Council for final review and approval.