Celebrate light again with OSA on 16 May 2020.
Optics in Action Kit
To celebrate the 2020 International Day of Light, The Optical Society will be providing 80 "optics in action" kits to student chapters to utilize in their communities around the world. These kits contain lesson plans and experiments that can be leveraged to highlight concepts in optics and photonics and generate greater awareness of the impact of science on society! Each kit will have supplies for a classroom of 30 impacting over 2400 students globally. Deadline to apply through osa.org/grantsdatabase is: 15 January 2020. For questions or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Day of Light Grants
In addition to the Optics Kits, chapters will have the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $1,000 to support other events to support the IDL 2020. These events may include but are not limited to:
- Community seminar on optics and photonics
- Participation in a local science fair or similar
- Production of a chapter's own optics experiments that can be distributed to neighboring schools
- Other large scale ideas that a chapter has in mind to promote science locally
Deadline to apply through osa.org/grantsdatabase is: 15 January 2020. For questions or more information contact email@example.com.
Share the International Day of Light with your community.
Tag a photo and share the reason why you celebrate light on social media.
- Facebook: The Optical Society
- Twitter: The Optical Society
- Instagram: The Optical Society
Sample Tweet: On this #IDL2020, I encourage you to #seethelight because #optics and #photonics is the enabling technology of the 21st century! @OpticalSociety
Hosting an event? Promote your event by:
- Posting it to the official International Day of Light event page
- Tweeting details @OpticalSociety using #IDL2020 and #seethelight.