Education and Training in Optics & Photonics Conference
The bi-annual ETOP conference, first held in 1988, is an international forum dedicated to the dissemination of information related to the teaching of optics and photonics.
It is the goal of this international conference to bring together leading optics and photonics educators from all levels, orientations and parts of the world to discuss, demonstrate and learn about new developments and approaches to teaching in these fields. Through presentations, panel discussions, workshops and exhibits, it is the intent of this conference to aid professors, students, teachers and professional trainers in teaching optics and photonics for the future.
ETOP addresses topics at the pre-college, technician, two-year, four-year and graduate-equivalent levels. You can access past ETOP papers through OSA Publishing. Typical session topics include:
- training and laboratory materials for demonstrations
- training and continuing education in collaboration with industry
- education in geometrical optics, quantum optics technologies for integrated diffractive optics
- software for teaching
- computer assisted learning
- curriculum development laboratories for optics and photonics education
- education and training for inter- and multidisciplinary applications
Interested in hosting ETOP in 2021 or 2023? Apply by 15 April 2019 - Download the ETOP Guidance Packet and Application (pdf).
ETOP Proceedings - Free and Online
ETOP conferences proceedings are available free online in OSA Publishing's Digital Library.
- Abstract Deadline: December 1, 2018
- Authors Notification: January 31, 2019
- Early Bird Registration: April 15, 2019
- Manuscript Due Date: May 1, 2019
Université Laval, Canada
University of Montana, USA