The 2017 Ambassador Class at OSA Winter Leadership 6 February in Washington, D.C.
OSA Ambassador Program
As emerging leaders in the optics and photonics community, OSA Ambassadors will share their experiences and perspectives with students and early career professionals in the field. They will provide career advice, technical knowledge and mentorship through serving as a traveling lecturer for chapters and sections, supporting professional development events at OSA meetings and engaging with their communities.
The application to be considered for the 2021 Ambassador class will open on 15 June 2020 and will close on 30 July 2020. If you have any questions regarding the process or program please contact Jen Mehltretter at JMehltretter@osa.org.
Three simple steps to apply:
- Ensure you are a current OSA Early Career Professional or Recent Graduate member. Active Individual OSA members may apply as long as they have achieved their highest degree in the last five to seven years
- Complete the online application form
Applications will be reviewed and selections will be made in October 2019 and notifications will go out shortly after.
All program participants will receive a lifetime Ambassador distinction for their continuing efforts to serve the greater optics and photonics community. In addition to the lifetime distinction, OSA Ambassadors will serve for one year (January - December) and receive the following:
- Support to visit student chapters throughout the world to share perspectives and knowledge as mentors.
- Full travel support to attend the Leadership Conference taking place in Washington, DC in April.
- Full travel support to support the Student Leadership Conference (SLC), various programming for students and early career professionals and participate in further program training.
- Registration to one OSA-managed meeting of Ambassador's choice.
- Additional support upon request to assist with professional development focused events.
- Recognition as an Ambassador in OSA Publications and in the OSA Member Directory.
- Participate in conference calls with fellow Ambassadors upon request
(estimated one per quarter).
- Maintain a current OSA Membership.
- Provide post event follow-up reports within 15 days of all events.