2020 Nominations now closed! Contact email@example.com for any questions.
Submittion side closed 13 July 2020.
The OSA Diversity & Inclusion Advocacy Recognition serves to acknowledge the outstanding dedication and accomplishments of an OSA member and of an organization, company or agency that is working to foster a greater appreciation, advancement and celebration of diversity and inclusivity in the optics and photonics community.
This can be achieved through community service, professional development, hiring practices or programming that enhance opportunities for the understanding and inclusion of people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences. Awards will be given in two categories 1.) individual 2.) group/company/institution.
We solicit recommendations from our membership seeking examples of excellence in community service, professional development, hiring practices and programming that enhance opportunities for the understanding and inclusion of people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
Key characteristics of honorees may include:
- Focusing on the importance and the benefits of fostering diversity, equality and promoting a culture of inclusion.
- Raising and deepening awareness of equality and diversity issues, from either an employment or service provision point of view.
- Providing mentoring opportunities and/or programming internally or externally.
- Supporting inclusive and/or diversity related educational/professional development opportunities.
- Implementing creative and inclusive work policies to support the needs of a diverse staff.
- Fostering an environment that celebrates differences of backgrounds and experiences.
- The recipient should have a record consistent with their support of diversity and inclusion in science, optics and photonics.
- The recipient demonstrates how they supported diversity and inclusion effort in their workplace or community.
For any questions, please email Diversity@OSA.org.