Established in 2007, this program honors the work of Harvey Pollicove and was made possible by the generous contributions of Harvey’s friends and colleagues to the H.M. Pollicove Memorial Fund.
Each year, a scholarship of $4,000 USD is awarded to a student pursuing a degree in the field of precision optics manufacturing. There are four core universities associated with this program (University of Rochester, the University of Arizona, the University of Central Florida, and Monroe Community College), but applicants at any university in the US are eligible to apply.
10 May 2021
07 July 2021
- Be an accepted or enrolled in an optics manufacturing program.
- Be at a minimum an active half-time student (Undergraduate or Graduate) at an institution in the United States
- Intend to work in the US. optics manufacturing industry upon graduation.
- Agree to complete and submit a Scholarship Report if they are selected as a scholarship recipient.
The Application will Include:
- Short Answer Questions
- In 250 words or less, describe why you first became interested in optics/photonics/physics
- In 250 words or less, how does optics play a role in your current research?
- In 250 words or less, identify the impact receiving this grant would have on your career.
- GPA certification (Unofficial Transcript)
- Two Reference Letters
View Past Winners