Driving innovation in the global communication network requires bringing a diverse group of people together to tackle challenges such as enabling 5G and the Internet-of-Things. To support gender diversity in the optical communications industry, The OSA Foundation (OSAF) and Corning, Inc. are pleased to present the Women in Optical Communications Scholarship.
This scholarship is a merit-based prize recognizing outstanding women studying optical communications and networking. Three $3,000 USD scholarships will be distributed annually to supplement tuition, mandatory fees, and other expenses. Additionally, winners will receive up to $2,000 USD in travel expenses, housing and registration fees to attend the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC). Recipients will be recognized at OFC.
15 October 2019
01 December 2019
- Be an OSA member
- Be a woman currently enrolled as a graduate student at a university.
- Have a field of study/research focused on one of the following areas: Optical Components, Devices and Fiber, Networks, Applications and Access or Photonic Systems and Subsystems.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (GPA, publications, references, other awards/merits).
The Application will Include:
- Essay Response:
- How would attending OFC support your career advancement and goals?
- Personal Statement
- GPA certification (Unofficial Transcript)
View Past Winners