The Tingye Li Innovation Prize, established in 2013, honors the global impact Dr. Li made to the field of optics and photonics. This prize will be presented to an early career professional who has demonstrated innovative ideas in their accepted presentation during the Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) Conference or the CLEO Conference.
The recipient will receive a $3,000 prize, an invitation to the OFC or CLEO Chairs’ Reception, special recognition during the conference and a certificate.
The prize is endowed by Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc., AT&T, The Optical Society, IEEE Photonics Society, IEEE Communications Society, Thorlabs, Inc, The Li Family and supporters of the Tingye Li Memorial Fund, and is administered by the OSA Foundation.
- Submitting author must opt-in during the current year regular “call for papers” process or be an accepted Post Deadline Paper (PDP) from the previous year. Previous year PDP’s will be contacted separately for their interest to apply.
- Applicant must have an accepted paper to OFC or CLEO.
- Applicant must be an OSA Early Career Professional member at the time of submission.
- Eligible applicant is no older than the age of 39 during the calendar year the prize is given.
- Applicant must be responsible for and exhibit innovative ideas in their research.
- Applicant must agree to let the OSA Foundation (OSAF) use their picture, name and story in program marketing opportunities.
Benjamin Lee, IBM TJ Watson Research Center, USA
Logan G. Wright, Cornell University, USA
Tetsuya Hayashi, Sumitomo Electric, Japan
Yoshitomo Okawachi, Columbia Univ., USA
Marcus Seidel, Max-Planck-Institute of Quantum Optics, Germany
Kohki Shibahara, NTT, Japan
Tae Joon Seok, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Antonietta De Sio, Universitat Oldenburg, Germany