Paul Anthony Bonenfant Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2011 in memory of Paul Anthony Bonenfant, this scholarship enables students enrolled in engineering and/or physical science programs to attend semester-abroad programs. The goal of the scholarship is to provide international experience to students as they prepare for professional lives that promote global engagement and collaboration.
This $8,000 scholarship is open to undergraduate or graduate students studying in the US.
The application is now open until 30 April 2019!
- Applicants must be enrolled in an engineering and/or physical science program.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 grade point average (or the equivalent).
- Applicants must plan to participate in a study-abroad program of at least 6 weeks’ duration
- Applicants must show a demonstrated interest in optics related research and applications.
- Applicants must be residents of the U.S. and 12-year pre-college graduates from schools in the U.S. (Note - this requirement is in support of the Scholarship’s focus on promoting global engagement between students living in the U.S. and their counterparts around the world.)
- Applicants must agree that if selected as the Scholarship recipient they will blog and/or utilize social media platforms to document their trip, share their experiences and the insights they have gained from living in another culture.
University of Arizona, USA
Drexel University, USA
Cornell University, USA
Ohio State University, USA
California Institute of Technology, USA
Paul Anthony Bonenfant
View the Blog
Follow our scholarship recipient's journey by visiting their personal blog. Posts include stories and photos about their experience and what they are studying.
View Blog >