Paul Anthony Bonenfant Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2011 in memory of Paul Anthony Bonenfant, this scholarship enables students enrolled in engineering and/or physical science programs to attend semester-abroad programs offered through their accredited college or university.
The goal of the scholarship is to provide international experience to students as they prepare for professional lives that promote global engagement and collaboration.
This $8,000 scholarship is open to any undergraduate or graduate student studying in the US. Key universities include, but are not limited to: The California Institute of Technology, Cornell University, and The Ohio State University.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students enrolled in engineering and/or physical science programs at one of the participating universities/institutes.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 grade point average (or the equivalent).
- Applicants must have applied for or been accepted to a study-abroad program of at least 6 weeks’ duration offered by their university/institute.
- Applicants must show a demonstrated interest in optics related research and applications.
- Applicants must exhibit financial need as determined by their participating institutions and must demonstrate that in the absence of this scholarship, their study abroad experience would not be financially feasible.
- Applicants must be residents of the U.S. and 12-year pre-college graduates from schools in the U.S. (Note - this requirement support of the Scholarship’s focus on promoting global engagement between students living in the U.S. and their counterparts around the world.)
- Applicants must agree that if selected as the Scholarship recipient they will blog and/or utilize social media platforms to document their trip, share their experiences and the insights they have gained from living in another culture.
University of Arizona, USA
Drexel University, USA
Cornell University, USA
Ohio State University, USA
California Institute of Technology, USA
Paul Anthony Bonenfant
View the Blog
Follow our scholarship recipient's journey by visiting their personal blog. Posts include stories and photos about their experience and what they are studying.
View Blog >