Established in 2014 with the support of the Gordon family, The James P. Gordon Memorial Endowment will fund a speakership on Quantum Information and Quantum Optics to a CLEO invited speaker. This speakership will pay tribute to Dr. Gordon for his numerous high-impact contributions to quantum electronics and photonics, including the demonstration of the maser.
A maximum of one (1) recipient will receive a $1,500 honorarium and their presentation will be recorded and archived in OSA's media library. The contents will serve as an educational resource for the next generation of optics and photonics leaders. This speakership is endowed by The Gordon family, and supporters of the James P. Gordon Memorial Fund, and is administered by The Foundation.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process and follow all of the instructions provided on the submission site.
Paper Submission Deadline: 22 December 2020
- Be an invited speaker at the CLEO conference.
- Have a presentation related to Quantum Information and/or Quantum Optics.
- Demonstrated high-impact contributions to quantum electronics and photonics.
- Attend and present at CLEO.
- Be recommended by a CLEO Program Chair for consideration.
- Agree to let the foundation record their on-site presentation and provide it at no charge through our online media library as well as use their picture, name and story in program marketing opportunities.
The Application will Include:
- CLEO Program Chairs will nominate a maximum of two invited speakers who fulfil the criteria for eligibility.
- CLEO General Chairs will review all recommendations and select a maximum of one (1) speakership recipient.
- The CLEO General Chairs recommendation is reviewed by The Foundation for final approval.
View Past Winners