Funded by an endowment from Milton and Rosalind Chang, this program provides 20 grants of up to $500 USD to enable students who present papers to travel to the Frontiers in Optics/OSA Annual Meeting. Grants are usually awarded to the presenter and/or first author of the paper.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process and follow all of the instructions provided on the submission site.
Paper Submission Deadline: 15 May 2020
- Opt-in to the competition during the regular "call for papers" submission process.
- Have an accepted paper to CLEO or FiO.
- Demonstrate need for travel support.
- Be a member of OSA.
The Application will Include:
- Short Answer Questions
- In 250 words or less, describe why you first became interested in optics/photonics/physics
- In 250 words or less, how does optics play a role in your current research?
- In 250 words or less, identify the impact receiving this grant would have on your career.
- Personal Statement
- Accepted Paper and Abstract
- Two Reference Letters
View Past Winners