Your donation provides OSA students and early-career professionals with the tools and opportunities to succeed in optics and photonics.
The OSA Foundation will allocate $210,000 USD impacting 10,00-12,500 students and early-career professionals from our Annual Fund in 2018. Additionally, OSA Foundation endowments will contribute nearly $450,000 USD to support programs such as the Siegman School, corporate fellowships, travel grants, scholarships, prizes and awards. (check out highlights from 2017 programming)
2018 OSA Foundation Annual Fund Programs
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Tech Trek Camps: Brings hands-on learning to young girls in STEM.
- Innovation School: Inspiring entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship coupled with strengthening business acumen.
- Optics Suitcase: Providing interactive tools to our Student Chapters to introduce children to the dynamic and exciting properties of light.
- OSA Ambassadors: Utilizing OSA early-career members to provide mentoring, job search advice, technical knowledge and training to students.
- Speed Mentoring: Bringing together women leaders to offer career advice and mentor others in a fast-paced environment.
- Student Chapter Grants: Supporting professional development and student member-organized community outreach around the world.
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Entrepreneurship (WiSTEE): Providing support to advance the careers of women in optics and photonics.
- Other Opportunities: Partnering with companies and universities on professionals development and community outreach opportunities.
You can make a difference today with your gift. Donate online today by clicking here, or you may print and return our donation form. OSA matches each gift 100% in addition to covering all labor and overhead costs. This means your gift has twice the impact and all funds go directly to programming.
For information on other ways to support the OSA Foundation, please contact the Foundation at 1.202.416.1944 or email email@example.com.
The Employer Identification Number (EIN) for The OSA Foundation is 71-0913500.