The Tingye Li Innovation Prize, established in 2013, honors the global impact Dr. Li made to the field of optics and photonics. This prize will be presented to an early career professional who has demonstrated innovative ideas in their accepted presentation during the Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) Conference or the CLEO Conference. The recipient will receive a $3,000 prize, an invitation to the OFC Chairs’ Reception, special recognition during the conference and a certificate.
The prize is endowed by Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc., AT&T, The Optical Society, IEEE Photonics Society, IEEE Communications Society, Thorlabs, Inc, The Li Family and supporters of the Tingye Li Memorial Fund, and is administered by the OSA Foundation.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process and follow all of the instructions provided on the submission site.
Paper Submission Deadline: 22 October 2020
- Opt-in during the current year regular “call for papers” process or be an accepted Post Deadline Paper (PDP) from the previous year. Previous year PDP’s will be contacted separately for their interest to apply.
- Have an accepted paper to OFC.
- Be an OSA Early Career Professional member at the time of submission.
- Be no older than the age of 39 during the calendar year the prize is given.
- Be responsible for and exhibit innovative ideas in their research.
- Agree to let the OSA Foundation (OSAF) use their picture, name and story in program marketing opportunities.
View Past Winners