Early Career Professionals Programming
The Society offers a variety of programs and resources for our Early Career Professional members. These Programs support and engage members through interactive workshops, online resources and volunteer opportunities. Our programs provide members diverse, career-building experiences and facilitates valuable networking opportunities with top researchers and Industry leaders from around the world.
Potential Programs and volunteer opportunities include:
- Professional Development: Participate in person at a meeting or virtually to learn more about how to transition from academia to industry, communicate science to the public, and other skills necessary to move forward in your career.
- Technical Meetings & Conferences: Preside over sessions, solicit and evaluate papers, blog/tweet about meetings and participate as program committee members.
- Ambassador Program: Serve as a leader in the field as an ambassador to student chapters and other early career professionals. To learn more check out the Ambassador page.
- Journal Publications: Review articles and participate in special initiatives such as providing feedback on new topic areas for publications.
- Community and Education Outreach: Assist with youth education outreach program development, grant reviews and translation of materials.
If you have questions or would like more information about the Early Career Professionals Programing, please email EarlyCareer@osa.org.