OIDA (OSA Industry Development Associates) Workshop Program Committees
OIDA Workshop Program Committees plan the content for Workshops that run typicaly for a full day. The Program Committee ensures the objectivity and value of the annual event through the development of a relevant topic, invitations to appropriate speakers, and participation in the onsite execution of the event. Its activities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Determines the program theme and panel topic relevant to current activity in the industry.
- Identifies and invites a keynote speaker and panel speakers for the program.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls in preparation for the event.
- Attends and contributes to the on-site event execution through opening/closing comments, speaker introductions, and panel moderation.
- Ensures program is presented in an objective manner and is reflective of the industry.
Term: 6-12 months
Time commitment: monthly conference calls, and on-site participation at the workshop.
Travel: Travel may be required
Travel Reimbursement*: Complimentary one-day registration day of Industry Program.
Current annually scheduled workshops:
OIDA on Manufacturing and Building the Supply Chain for Integrated Photonics
Previous annually scheduled workshops:
OIDA Workshop on Scalable Integrated Photonics for 5G and IoT
Have a suggestion for a workshop topic? Interested in joining a committee? Let us know! Industry@osa.org
*Please note, OSA volunteers are responsible for covering the costs of their own travel, lodging and expenses to OSA meetings and events. This includes registration costs for events.