OSA Laser Applications Conference Program Committee
The Laser Applications Conference (LAC) Program Committee plans the content for the industry conference, held in conjunction with the ASSL Conference and Exhibit. The LAC Program Committee ensures the objectivity and value of the annual event through the development of a relevant topic, invitations to appropriate speakers, and participation in the onsite execution of the event. Its activities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Determines the program theme and panel topic relevant to current activity in the solid state laser sector.
- Identifies and invites a plenary speaker(s).
- Identifies and invite panel or invited speakers for the program.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls from January to October in preparation for the event.
- Attends and contributes to the on-site event execution through opening/closing comments, speaker introductions, and panel moderation.
- Ensures program is presented in an objective manner and is reflective of the industry.
Term: 6-12 months
Term Start Date: January
Time commitment: monthly conference calls, possible in-person meeting at Photonics West, on-site participation at program.
Travel: Travel may be required
Travel Reimbursement*: None
Interested in joining? Let us know! Industry@osa.org
*Please note, OSA volunteers are responsible for covering the costs of their own travel, lodging and expenses to OSA meetings and events. This includes registration costs for events.