OIDA (OSA Industry Development Associates) Executive Forum at OFC Program Committee
The OIDA Executive Forum Planning Committee plans the content for the annual OIDA Executive Forum, held in conjunction with OFC. The OIDA Executive Forum Planning Committee ensures the objectivity and value of the annual event through the development of relevant topics, invitations to appropriate speakers, and participation in the onsite execution of the event. Its activities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Determines the event theme and panel topics relevant to current activity in the telecom sector.
- Identifies and invites keynote speaker(s) and panel speakers for the event.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls from July to March in preparation for the event.
- Attends and contributes to the on-site event execution through opening/closing comments, speaker introductions, and panel moderation.
- Recommends and reviews marketing efforts from OSA as requested.
- Ensures program is presented in an objective manner and is reflective of the industry.
Long-Term Committee Members
The Long-Term Committee Members consist of those who are VCs, Market Researchers, and OIDA (OSA Industry Development Associates) Council liaison(s). The members of this group would:
- Provide historical record and knowledge of the program.
- Be available to OSA for any programmatic questions and decisions.
- Represent the telecom industry, not their company.
- Have no specified term limit.
Rotating Committee Members
The Rotating Committee Members consist of 3 people representing the vertical market sectors (components, systems, service provider). The members of this group would:
- Represent their market segment and the telecom industry, not their company.
- Be required to be an OSA Industry Development Associates Member.
- Have a one year term limit, with a 4 year period passing before serving again.
Term Start Date: July
Time commitment: Weekly conference calls from July to April. Participation onsite at the Executive Forum.
Travel: Travel may be required
Travel Reimbursement*: Complimentary registration to the OIDA Executive Forum
Interested in joining? Let us know! Industry@osa.org
*Please note, OSA volunteers are responsible for covering the costs of their own travel, lodging and expenses to OSA meetings and events. This includes registration costs for events.