Enabled by Optics Contest Committee
The OSA Enabled by Optics Contest seeks to raise public awareness of the importance of optics and photonics technologies in furthering innovation and positively impacting society. Committee members review both company and student submissions. Their responsibilities include:
- Review submissions
- Score submissions
- Participate in 1-2 conference calls to vote on winners
Committee members review both company and student submissions of which we expect 15-20 submissions per category.
Company submissions include answers to a series of eight questions (which typically result in 2 pages per submission) and can include up to three attachments. The questions address topics such as:
- The impact of the technology on Society
- How the technology is unique
- Does the technology make a transformation change for the end-user or was it an advancement of the prior art
- An example of the buying chain for the technology
- The vertical market for the technology
- An “elevator pitch” for the technology
For complete information about the Enabled by Optics program and past winners, visit www.osa.org/enabledbyoptics
Committee members are asked to score the submission according to a 1-5 scale with 5 being the highest. Members are provided a score sheet by OSA.
November - December, 1-2 conference calls.
Interested in joining? Let us know! Industry@osa.org