OSA Awards & Medals - Nominate a Colleague Today!
Members of OSA have the privilege of nominating colleagues for one of over 20 awards and medals that acknowledge a broad array of contributions and achievements. Below are some awards that specifically call for nominations to illuminate the achievements of the engineers, business leaders, inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs:
- Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award - recognizes team technical achievements in optical engineering. Deadline is 2 July.
- Joseph Fraunhofer Award/Robert M. Burley Prize - recognizes research accomplishments in the field of optical engineering. Deadline is 1 October.
- Robert E. Hopkins Leadership Award - recognizes an individual or group who has had a significant impact on the global optics and photonics community or has had a significant impact on society as a whole stemming from non-research oriented activities. Deadline is 1 October.
- Edwin H. Land Medal - recognizes pioneering work empowered by scientific research to create inventions, technologies, and products (co-sponsored with the Society for Imaging Science and Technology). Deadline is 1 October.
- David Richardson Medal - recognizes contributions to optical engineering, primarily in the commercial and industrial sector. Deadline is 1 October.
- NEW - Kevin P. Thompson Optical Design Innovator Award - recognizes significant contributions, at an early career stage, to lens design, optical engineering, or metrology by an individual as evidenced by one or more of the following: innovative and rigorous research; optical system design with a foundation in aberration theory; development of advanced metrology capabilities; product development; patents; or publications. Deadline is 1 October.
- John Tyndall Award - recognizes contributions to fiber optic technology (co-sponsored with the IEEE/Photonics Society). Deadline is 10 August. All submissions should be sent to the IEEE Photonics Society.
View the full list of all OSA awards and medals.
OSA Awards Office