The OSA Foundation Corning Women in Optical Fiber Communications 2021 virtual registration grants will have a short applciation that confirms eligibility. These need-based grants are available for women who are currently graduate students, working as post-docs, or in the first 1-5 years of their career. These grants are intended to help cover virtual registration costs to the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC).
01 February 2021
15 May 2021
UPDATE 2021 - The application will only confirm eligibility and be provdied to those who complete the application until funding is exhausted.
- Be a woman currently enrolled as a graduate student, working as a post-doc, or in the first 1-5 years of their career.
- Demonstrate need for assistance to OFC. This is not to take the place of standard forms of support, but rather is meant to provide full or supplementary support for someone who otherwise would be expected to cover expenses out of their own pocket.
- Program requirements recognizes and excludes career breaks from career timelines (e.g., elder care, maternity or paternity leave).
The Application will Include:
- Personal Statement
- A statement describing the need and explanation of why funds are not available from traditional sources (e.g. travel policy restrictions, advisor budget limitations, lack of corporate travel support)
- Travel budget including anticipated expenses and any other forms of funding being provided
View Past Winners