Stephen D. Fantone Distinguished Service Award
Presented to individuals who, over an extended period of time, have served the Optical Society in an outstanding way, especially through volunteer participation in OSA's management, operation or planning. This includes editorship of a periodical, organization of meetings, or other service to the Society.
Note - this award is presented in even-numbered years only.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need be OSA members.
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. An original, one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's outstanding service to OSA over an extended period of time, highlighting the impact of their contributions.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key OSA volunteer positions, patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, and reports or product releases.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional support documents could include: additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, etc.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.