Robert E. Hopkins Leadership Award
This award recognizes an individual or group who has had a significant impact on the global optics and photonics community or an individual or group from the optics and photonics community who has had a significant impact on society as a whole stemming from non-research oriented activities.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members or active in the field.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee(s)
2. Proposed award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words)
3. A one-page narrative description of the significant aspects of the nominee(s) achievements
4. Curriculum vitae or resume for nominee(s)
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference.
– This award seeks to honor excellence outside the research or technology arena. A list of publications, patents, positions held, etc. is not required or expected for the nomination packet.