Robert E. Hopkins Leadership Award
Presented to an individual or group who has had a significant impact on the global optics and photonics community or on society as a whole stemming from non-research oriented activities.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members or active in the field.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee(s)
2. Award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. A one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's achievements and impact on global optics and photonics community or on society.
4. Curriculum vitae or resume for nominee(s)
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference.
– This award seeks to honor excellence outside the research or technology arena. A list of publications, patents, positions held, etc. is not required or expected for the nomination packet.